Matt has been working on a science project for the past month. After much deliberation he finally decided to study the effects of freezing on the cell structure of plants.
That sounds exciting, right?
Perhaps for a botanist but not so much for our boy. I have really no idea how he chose this project out of the hundreds he could have done. I think it was the title that caught his fancy: CRYOGENIC ROSES. That sounds totally cool. And when I explained that cryogenic freezing was what happened to Han Solo in Star Wars that completely had him hooked.
So we spent the month freezing roses and then gradually pulling them out one at a time week by week to see what happened to them. It was all rather exciting for the first few days but then it turned into weeks of rotting roses on my counter and constantly reminding Matt to make his daily observations.
At last it is done! We spent Saturday finishing up his presentation board and I finally got to toss out the molding roses in my kitchen.
It actually does look really cool doesn't it?
Good work scientist!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment