Its hard to believe that our little baldy baby finally grew some hair, let alone enough hair to need a haircut.
Oh, rememeber rubbing that sweet, smooth head?
Well at 2 1/2 years old Gracie really does have lots of lovely golden locks now that are beginning to look a little scraggly.
So after Ella's great haircut experience, Grace was ready for a little clipping of her own. She did so wonderful. She was excited and cooperative. That first haircut is always so thrilling.
I thought I was just trimming up the ends, but when it was all
done it looked a lot shorter than what I thought I had cut off. But that was OK, hair grows. And if it was a shorter than I thought it would be, no big deal.
But the really sad part?
Well it would seem that cutting those thin wispy ends also cut out all of those bouncy curls that I loved. They are gone.
Gone. Gone. Gone.
I thought at first that after we washed it they would spring back. But no. They are truly gone. The very end still seems to flip up or down but no more ringlets. Sadder still, I don't even know if I have any really great pictures of how lovely those curls were. I am so sad.
The good news? She is not sad, not even one little bit. She is delighted with her new cut.
And it had to be cut sometime. Bouncy curls and all, it was looking too scruffy. It needed trimmed. It was time. And just look at how sweet she looks. Still our beautiful Gracie girl even with out the curls.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment