Matt and I played a game of Monopoly.
It took us a whole week to finish.
We started off with Ella playing too. But I don't think 5 year olds quite catch the intricacies of the game. The only thing she really understood was the excitement of rolling snake eyes or landing on Free Parking. So after about an hour on the first day of play, we auctioned off her property and left the board for Matt and I to battle over.
Matt was a quick learner. He quickly snatched up as much property as he could and then proceeded to put hotels everywhere. Half of the board was covered in little red hotels all owned by him, including Park Place and Boardwalk. That's pretty exciting for a nine year old boy. Especially on his first time playing.
You can probably guess how the game ended.
Yep, I got slaughtered. I just could not roll high enough to get past the barrage of hotels and he never seemed to land on anything good of mine.
I love playing games. It's fun to have a boy who is old enough to play now. Good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment