skip to main |
skip to sidebar
It's pretty fun to be a first grader. Matt is always bringing home fun projects. This year he was so excited for St. Patrick's Day. I couldn't quite figure out why because I have never done much to commemorate the day. Then he mentioned that he was building a leprechaun trap at school and all the anticipation finally made sense. He was so clever in the design of his trap, incorporating ladders and ropes and a shiny gold star to entice those elusive leprechauns into his trap. He didn't actually catch a little green man (thank goodness!) but he did find it full of gold wrapped chocolate coins!
Matt got us all so excited for St. Patrick's day that I even made up a little jingle:
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day
I hope you wear some green.
Or you'll get pinched by all your friends
And then you'll think they're mean!
Ella woke up the next morning on St Patty's Day still singing it and for days afterwards.
I made us a fun green dinner of cream of broccoli soup, green salad and green koolaid. And we rounded off the day at Lucky Math Night at the school.
Hurray for green!
2 comments:
Your house is so fun!!!
That sounds like something Joshua would do...He's always "building" traps and robots. He even trapped my dad the other day!
Post a Comment