Thursday, April 2, 2009

warm day bookends

Matt's spring break started on March 20th and it was a gloriously warm day. The kids played outside in the back yard all day long. I was packing for our trip to Pocatello and it was hard to pack anything but short sleeve shirts in bright sunny colors. However by Sunday the weather was completely different, cold windy and wet. By Monday morning there was 4-6 inches of new snow at Grandma's house.

I heard recently that if you don't like the weather in Idaho - just a wait and it will change. That is so true - especially in the spring.

Most of Matt's spring break week ended up being cold, windy and wet. But by the last day it was warm again and we ended the week with a two hour long bike ride. So at least we started and ended with fun days in the sun.

1 comment:

Nancy Niederer said...

Wow, your photography is amazing. I love the flower pictures you took. I sure miss you and our visiting teaching trips...I haven't gone once since we moved! Yikes!