Those who know me know that I like to all my laundry in one day. I usually have about 5- 7 loads and I like to have it all done and folded and put away before dinner. And most weeks this usually happens. But to get it all done it means that I have to keep at it all day long from 7 am on. I usually never leave the house on Mondays or I won't get it all done and if I don't then my whole week gets thrown off.
Well today I got a late start and didn't get my first load in until 10 am. And I had a lot of bedding to wash so I had 9 loads today.
Yikes.
Well at about 2:30 I could see the deck was stacked against me and I would never get all of it done in a day. And then a solution presented itself. My big hold up was the dryer. So I took a load of sheets and spread them out across the kid's play fort outside. I was amazed how quickly everything dried. In as much time and it would have taken in the dryer, those sheets were dry and crisp and smelling like sunshine.
Wow. There are few things as nice, fresh, sun dried sheets. In fact a friend once commented that if she were rich she would have three things: fresh sheets everyday, fresh cut flowers everyday and a personal chef. These make my short list too.
I really want a clothes line now.
Well with the help of the beautiful sun and wind my laundry got done - and all folded and put away before dinner too.
It's gonna be a great week now! Plus I can't wait to sleep in my crisp, clean, sunshiny sheets tonight!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yes, anyone who's your friend, knows that Monday is your all day laundry day! Love this.
You didn't even mention the benefits of all the energy you saved!
Awesome!
The smell of fresh sheets is high on my list next to the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven!
Post a Comment