Monday, March 2, 2009

sledding at Bartz field

When we were going to ISU for the second time we lived in townhouses right by Bartz field. It is a huge field and hill that is great for sledding especially when there isn't much snow. There was hardly any during our trip to Grandmas and I wasn't sure we would even be able to sled. But I also realized that we had not taken Matt sledding since he was 2 1/2 when we lived there. What kind of deprived childhood I am giving this kid anyway? So I decided to at least try. It was perfect. There was hardly any snow but the hill was covered in a thin sheet of snow and ice, so the sleds went down it like rockets. It was great fun. Matt was old enough to go by himself down and up the hill and he loved it. Me too. It's too hard dragging kids and sleds back up hills. So to not have to worry about him was great. And since all the snow was icy we really didn't get that wet. It was the perfect combination. We played for about an hour and then headed home. That's my idea of a super sledding outing!

No comments: