Sunday, May 15, 2011

talent night

We have had a busy week. A few days after the pinewood derby our primary had a talent show. Matt and Steven went early to help set up chairs. When they came home they announced that there was a popcorn machine, cotton candy and suckers. Well with that intro we knew it would be a great night.

And it was! We had singers, dancers, comedians, pianist, gymnasts, artists, and even a few hula-hoopers. The Primary put on a great show. There were great decorations, amazing treats, and a really funny announcer. It was very well put together. Hurray for our awesome primary presidency! I was very impressed with the importance they placed on each child's talent. I know that my kids left feeling great about themselves and I know the other kids did too. We had a lot of fun watching all of them perform.

Matt has been working hard on piano for the past few months and prepared a song to play. He did a great job. This was his first performance and he wasn't nervous at all. He just walked up, played his song terrifically, then politely bowed to the audience. He was great.

I knew our shy girl Ella was not up for any type of performance, but I didn't want to let this opportunity to showcase talent pass her by. She decided to make a scrapbook page to display. I was so impressed with her ability to coordinate papers and patterns, her creativity, and her attention to detail. She created this beautiful layout all on her own. And she even got to go up on stage and show it off - even though that really scared her. She did a great job too.

No comments: