So I am a bit surprised that Ella already wants to take over her own grooming. The first few times I found this all rather cute and endearing. "Oh my baby girl is growing up" and all that. Isn't she so sweet here doing Gracie's hair and isn't Grace so cute and patient with her?
Sigh...
What's a mom to do.
I know that within a few years Ella really will be doing her own hair. She just isn't quite old enough yet to manage all her lovely locks by herself. Nor I am not ready to relinquish control either. So for now we compromise, I let her dictate how she wants her hair and I let her brush it out as best she can. In addition she has decided to grow out her bangs. Not my favorite as it is a pain to pull them back and out of her eyes everyday but that's a battle I will forgo in attempts to win others. A good general knows when to retreat and when to forge into battle.
She does look so cute and grown up without the bangs.


No comments:
Post a Comment