It was also Steve's birthday this weekend though it looks like I neglected to get any pictures of the birthday boy. He had a good time and liked having his family around to celebrate with him. That and an amazing red velvet cake pretty much made the weekend perfect!
Monday, April 25, 2011
an egg-cellent weekend
We had lots of egg events this Easter weekend. I spent most of the afternoon on Thursday making chocolate candy eggs, yummy, but so much work! Friday the kids colored eggs. Saturday was beautiful and sunny and warm. We took the kids to a community egg hunt. And they all had fun scrambling around for eggs. They did each age group during different times which was nice so we could watch all of them. Matt was really hoping to win one of the bigger prizes but he didn't. Oh well. I think this was Gracie's first real egg hunt as I don't think she was walking yet last year. She was a little baffled by the whole thing at first but quickly caught on. She was very cute. Matt and Ella are old pro's and did a good job running around grabbing those eggs.




While we were waiting for Matt's turn, the Easter Bunny was there running and hopping around and all of us commented that we thought he was a bit creepy looking. But then the kids decided they wanted to go say hello anyway. Ella even gave him a full out hug which surprised us all as she won't even make eye contact with the bishop who we see every week and is friendly and normal looking.
We hadn't made any plans with family for the holiday but Uncle Mike ended up being in town and so at the last minute we called Gabe and Tiffany and they all came over for another egg hunt at our house and dinner. It was lots of fun.


I had wanted to give the kids their Easter baskets on Saturday but our impromptu party kind of took over the rest of the day. By Sunday I was done with candy and eggs. So I wrote up clues for the kids to find their baskets. I figured it was time to challenge their brains a bit.
It was also Steve's birthday this weekend though it looks like I neglected to get any pictures of the birthday boy. He had a good time and liked having his family around to celebrate with him. That and an amazing red velvet cake pretty much made the weekend perfect!
It was also Steve's birthday this weekend though it looks like I neglected to get any pictures of the birthday boy. He had a good time and liked having his family around to celebrate with him. That and an amazing red velvet cake pretty much made the weekend perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment