Monday, April 4, 2011

spring break recap

Matt's spring break started on Friday March 25th. We started in on the fun Thursday afternoon when he got out of school with a trip to our favorite spot, Given's Hot Springs. We seem to plan our trips out there well because we always have the pool to ourselves. It was another awesome afternoon of swimming, splashing and playing.

The rest of the break was pretty laid back. Matt and Ella had some fun sleepovers with each other, we all slept in a lot, we shopped some, played games, watched movies, rode bikes. Even though we didn't do any traveling or plan anything big and fantastic I think we all had a great week enjoying time at home. It was just nice not having to worry about spelling lists, and homework and such. Routine is good and so are some breaks.

Matt recently received this skateboard from some friends that are moving. He worked on improving his skills this week.

On Thursday and Friday it was deliciously warm. Those types of days where you just have to be outside to bask in the sunshine and breathe in the warm air. So we did. We finally got the garage cleaned out and all the bikes fixed up. Matt, Ella and I had a great bike ride breathing in all of that fresh spring air our lungs could take. We barbecued for four days straight, and wore our old grill completely out. Guess we will have to look into a new one for Steven's birthday!

One evening while Steve was grilling and the kids were playing Ella was making this "nest" as she called it. She shouted to me, "Mom, get your camera, you're going to want to blog about this!" Well I wasn't planning on it, but I guess now I will.Grace simply could not get enough time on the slide. In fact I am pretty sure she thinks the words, slide and outside are one and the same.She's a little daredevil and even loves going down on her belly.Matt set up his ladder ball game and we had lots of fun playing together. On Saturday it got too windy and cold to play outside but we had a game going that we hadn't finished so we moved it all into our now clean garage. We finished off that game and played a few more. I think we are currently tied, 2 wins for Matt and 2 for me.I even got some time for me this week. I got to scrapbook, which I haven't done for months and months and I got this blog caught up too. And Steven and I even got an evening off too. They had free babysitting at the church one night so we dropped off the kids and went to dinner and test drove a van.

So throw in general conference at the end of all that fun and it was a great week! Too bad it's over and we're back to our routine.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Your kids are so very darling. Glad you got some nice days for playing and grilling. Our spring break included 3 days of snow. We had fun playing together, too!