Tuesday, February 16, 2010

trouble

While Grace has been crawling around for months she has only recently started to really explore and get into things she shouldn't. And even though we went through this with Ella just a few years ago, you just forget too quickly how curious little people are. And how destructive they can be in their quest to discover their world.

Her favorite areas to explore include the office and particularly my scrapbooking supplies, grrr. She loves electronics like the stereo and dvd player and loves to pull out as many dvds as she can get her little fists on. If she can open a drawer or cupboard in the kitchen, she is delighted with new treasures like my pots and pans and dish clothes. And if the pantry door is left open, watch out - wow - can she crawl fast! I can't even tell you how many canning jars have been broken or saved by my quick reflexes. I feel like I am forever picking up books from the bookshelf in the girls' room. It got so bad that last week I had to completely rearrange their room because Grace could get the books out while in her crib. She was so busy pulling books out that she wouldn't sleep. I would come in to find her crib full of books - just a little bed time reading!

Much to my disgust she has discovered how fun bathrooms can be and with a brother and sister that frequently forget to flush and shut the door it has been pretty exciting. Last week while I was getting ready for the day, I left the bathroom for just a minute to answer the phone and came back to this:Well at least they are clean! It could be a lot worse.

Busy little girl - I am glad she is not walking yet! Because I know this curiosity will only intensify. And somehow I am not quite ready for anymore messes.

2 comments:

April said...

I love it! My day is coming shortly so for now I will laugh at Grace causing such fun for her mom.

Angela said...

dear mom from matt this is funny