Thursday, August 27, 2009

happy birthday ella

Woo hoo Ella is three! She was so excited for her birthday - she has been talking about it for months now. It was great to celebrate this fun day with her.
We started it off with a spa day. We let her open one of her presents in the morning and it was fun bubble bath and shampoo. So she had a fun bath and then I painted her toenails and finger nails. She LOVED this. I think we could have only done this and she would have had a great day.
She also loved that I painted my nails too. So fun to have a little girl to do fun stuff like this.

Then Steve and I took her to lunch for her birthday. We took her to McDonalds. I just loved watching her dip her little chicken nuggets and little apples into that yummy caramel. So many simple things just make her so happy. Some how I don't think this will last so I am cherishing these memories of a happy little girl - just content to be with mom and dad and eat apples with freshly painted nails.

After Matt got home from school we let her open the rest of her presents. We didn't get her anything big or exciting this year but once again she was just happy. Happy to be surrounded by fun presents all to be opened by her. And to be surrounded by a mom, dad, brother and sister who think she is just the best!
We made her favorite - pancakes for dinner. This is the only thing she consistently eats well. And then it was time for cake. This girl does loves cake (and consistently eats it well too!) This year I decided to play with cupcakes a little. I didn't have much time and this wasn't totally what I had envisioned when I started but I think it turned out pretty cute. And what really matters is that she just loved it! And really, what girl doesn't love a good cupcake?
So happy, happy birthday my sweet, sweet Ella. We love you so much - we are so happy you are ours and so happy to celebrate your special day.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the cupcakes. Very cute and Ella as always is adorable.

Debbie and Boys said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Can't believe you're so big...miss you all!