Tuesday, August 30, 2011

kindergartner

Ella is a kindergartner!  I have had so many mixed emotions about sending my little girl off to school.  Her birthday is so close to the cutoff that I really debated for a long time whether or not to even send her this year.  She can be so quiet and shy. I just didn't know if she was ready, especially for all day kindergarten. But she really wanted to go. And I really wanted Matt and her to have some years at school together.  So we decided to give it a try.

After meet the teacher day last week, when she wouldn't even talk to her teacher, I was even more nervous about this morning. But we got up and did hair (a new addition to the early morning routine!) and she seemed pretty excited. She did say once that she didn't think she wanted to go, but I know she really did, she was just nervous.  She wasn't the only one!
We took some cute first day photos. What a cute little kindergartner she is!
 
 And then it was off to school.  I love this picture of my two gradeschoolers!  I am so happy Ella has such a great big brother to watch out for her at school!  He is so protective of her.  I love that!
They had all the kindergartners and parents meet up on the playground. I think this was a great idea.  A lot easier for all of us than trying to say goodbye from the classroom.  When the bell rang all the kids lined up.  Ella did great.  Just stood in line, happy, smiling and ready to start her day.  I stood by and tried to hide the tears.  These milestones are so hard on us moms!
 
They gave the kids a few instructions and then they were off. Off to a great school day and a whole new world.

Bye Ella, good luck, you will do great and we will miss you at home so much!

No comments: