Ella had her very first friend birthday party. She has been talking about and planning this event for months. It was a pretty big day for her!
I told her she could invite five friends but somehow our guest list exploded and we ended up with 10 little girls at our house. It was awesome. We had so much fun.
Ella and I started out with some fun decorations. We went to the store and picked up anything pink to make this delicious candy display. I love how it turned out. It was so pretty and pink and fun to create. We all enjoyed setting it up before the party. Ella loved how it turned out too. We let each guest fill up a little bag of goodies before they left. Yummy!
As the girls were arriving we had them come in and color a picture for the birthday girl. Such cute girls. So different from the boy party we had for Matt at this age, with wild boys everywhere. The girls just delighted in sitting quietly and giggling while they drew pictures of presents and cake and balloons for Ella.
We played pin the flower in the girls hair (I am very proud of that little stick figure girl I drew by the way!) and a few other games like musical pillows and unwrapping candy with gloves on.
We made necklaces and frosted cookies. Then it was present time! We played heavy hang over which apparently no one has heard of except me. Ella got all sorts of wonderfully girly gifts.
I loved seeing her with all her sweet little friends and having such a great time. It was super fun party and well worth the effort. Happy Birthday Ella!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment