Friday, July 1, 2011

yellowstone

We took a day trip to Yellowstone with Grandma and Grandpa Garvin.  We live too close to not take the chance to show these wonders to our kids. It was a full day of driving, walking and sight seeing and we all left tired but enjoyed our time with each other.

We saw beautiful turquoise hot pools, and the kids laughed at the spattering mud pots.
After a nice picnic lunch, we waited patiently (sort of!) for Old Faithful to erupt. Some others like Castle Geyser went off just as we walked by.
We took a hike behind Old Faithful which was longer than any of us anticipated but we got to see all sort of great Yellowstone features and get a little sunburned.
After our long hike we were all tired and most were ready to head back home but I persevered and talked everyone into driving up to Canyon.  The Falls were so beautiful and I was glad we took the time to drive up there. Dad and I took a quick jaunt down the canyon to get a different view of the falls.  I really regretted not having my puffer with me on the way back up!
 
It was a memorable day with our family.  We especially loved being able to go with Grandma and Grandpa and enjoy the day with them.

No comments: