Friday, June 24, 2011

favorites

One of Steve's favorite things is to see all three kids lined up eating dessert. There's just something sweet about watching all of them sitting quietly and enjoying a little treat. Probably because they are too busy eating to fight with each other and that alone is a treat.

He will even stop to buy ice cream after work just to have the chance to watch them eat it. Tonight after family home evening I didn't want to clean the counter off again so we sent them outside to eat their ice cream amongst the pretty summer flowers. This honeysuckle bush tries to take over the front bed, but it is one of my favorites. It blooms every year about this time and the aroma is so powerful you can smell it from the street. I love that smell. It reminds me of tracting on my mission in the Maryland countryside. I like to hang out on the porch just to breath in that wonderful scent. Yummy! The red rose bush just started growing here this year. I didn't plant it. I am not sure where it came from but it is very pretty too. So I guess I'll keep it around.

No comments: