Steve went into work at 5:30 am. He was hoping they would offer VTO (voluntary time off) so that he could leave early and get to enjoy most of the day with us. But we didn't know if that would happen or when. I was hoping the kids would sleep in a bit and then we would just stall opening presents until he got home.
Grace and Matt slept in but of course Ella was up at her usual time - 7:30. She came in and I wished her Merry Christmas and told her she could go downstairs and watch a little tv until I could drag myself out of bed. About 15 minutes later I heard coughing that was not from my little four year old - it was a man's cough - Daddy made it home!
So all my worrying, and ranting and crying were for nothing! Except that it made me all the more grateful to be together - all of us for a wonderful Christmas day.
Matt and Grace ended up sleeping till 9:00 am. They were thrilled to come down and find Dad home too. The kids opened a few presents - including the traditional box of fun cereal and these cute little glasses that Ella got.
This I believe ended up being an added bonus. With no camera I had no pressure to take pictures and was able to just relax and enjoy the present opening frenzy once we got home. I am sure the kids were grateful for the break also.
What a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment