Friday, December 24, 2010

santa came!

We found out just a few days before Christmas that Steve had to work on Christmas day. It took all of us by surprise and I was devastated. I had worked so hard to make this day magical for everyone. I didn't know how to rework all my plans. After being angry and sad for several days I figured out at least a partial solution.

I really did not want Steven to miss watching the kids open their stockings and gifts from Santa. The rest of the gifts I knew we could wait and open when he got home. But Santa stuff is always first thing Christmas morning. So my solution was to put the kids to bed and then as soon as they fell asleep wake them back up again.

So that's what we did.

Luckily all the kids fell right asleep. And we put a special request in for Santa to stop at our house first. He was very accomadating.

We woke the kids back up at around 10:30. It was surprisingly really hard to get them up after sleeping for only 30 minutes. But we finally did. Matt and Ella snapped out of their sleepy trances as soon as they started digging through their stockings. Grace was pretty confused and sleepy but still had fun.

I was so glad we were all together as a family and got to enjoy the excitement of Christmas morning together. Even though it was a little early

No comments: