Sunday, August 15, 2010

wildhorse campout

We had another fun week of camping with my family. This year we went to Wildhorse, one of our favorite spots when we were kids. It was fun to share it with my kids and see them having as much fun with their cousins as I did with mine when I as little.

We had lots of fun hanging out with cousins, cooking in dutch ovens and eating yummy food, hiking, playing games, sleeping in tents. Uncle Mike and Bob came up and brought Grandma Henricksen for dinner one night. Mike brought his guitar up so we all could sing around the campfire. My kids loved that. Of course that was one of my favorites when I was a kid too. We just love those fun camp songs. Matt's favorite was Ghost Riders and Ella liked I've got a Daisy on My Toe.

A few pictures from our fun week in the woods:Grandma and Grandpa got a new trailer this spring. I forgot to get any pictures until we were done and loading up. The trailer is great and I am so happy for Mom and Dad that they have it now. The back wall is a ramp that lowers down and all the furniture inside folds up so that all the four-wheeler and bikes fit inside.
But my favorite feature is the heater! It was a bit cold this year. Most mornings when we got up it was 38 degrees! So it was great to take the kids in there to warm up a bit.

What a fun week with our family!

No comments: