Saturday, March 20, 2010
matty-bug and ella-bug
Our ward had a primary activity today. It was a bug party! The kids got to dress up as their favorite bug. Both Ella and Matt were pretty excited. This was Ella's first primary activity and anything that involves dressing up is a hit for both of them. I didn't have any bug costumes but Matt was pretty ingenious and helped us come up with this. Simple yet cute. Yet amazingly still took a good portion of my afternoon to create!

Gracie didn't get to dress up and go, but she happened to be wearing red so snapped a picture with her too.
They had fun activities like planting seeds, painting rocks, eating dirt and worms (chocolate pudding, gummy worms, and oreo crumbs - every kids favorite.)
Then there was a bug parade at the end when all the parents came to pick up their kids.
As with most events, Ella gets nervous unless I am right next to her, coaxing her to participate. So I was a little apprehensive when I just dropped the kids off. I optimistically left and went home to clean the house. Luckily Ella has the best big brother. He stuck right with her and she had a blast. I think he did too. He likes to watch out for his sisters. I like that too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great idea for an activity. It looks like they had a great time. Noelle's first activity is next week, I hope she will enjoy it.
Post a Comment