Thursday, June 25, 2009

bringing Grace home

It was wonderful to have a few days with just the three of us in OR but we were also anxious to introduce her to Matt and Ella. They had kept the secret along with us for the past two months and were beyond excited to meet their new sister.

It took us most of the day on Thursday to get home. We finally got home around dinner time and we just plunked ourselves down in the living room and let the kids get to know Gracie. They were so EXCITED! You just get a glimpse of that in these pictures. We could not believe how happy and content Grace was and how she would just light up with delight at seeing Matt and Ella. Just sitting there all together, playing and connecting with Grace it just felt like she had been with us and we had known her forever.

Welcome home!

9 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you guys! I am bawling I'm so happy! She is beautiful and your older kids look so happy to have her with your family.
She is just beautiful and she could have asked to come to a better family. Congrats guys!
Love, Chad, Amy & Kids

PS I like the new hair cut! It's cute!

crystal said...

Holy crap Angie, that is so crazy. I am so happy for you guys. What a cute family you have. You did get your Grace after all, Ella was right she was getting a sister!! :) Congrats, I can't wait to see her one of these days!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you guys! She is ADORABLE!! She fits right in - it was meant to be! Congrats!

Benjamin Gerritsen said...

I am so happy for you!! Friends of ours were able to just adopt their third and it's been so neat! And how neat to be able to have Ella's half sister!

Anonymous said...

Congrates Angie!!! That is so exciting. I'm so happy for all of you. What a perfect addition to your family.

Emily said...

Wow, I am so happy for you and your family. She is a beautiful little girl, just like her sister! What a sweet family! Wishing you the best with the transition. Congrats!

the splendid life of us... said...

COngrats! I truly know what a miracle it is! SHe is beautiful and it is obvious that she was meant for your family.

I am a friend of Matt's Birth Mom. And we adopted our son at birth a year and a half ago. We also live in OR. So we have a couple of things in common.

Brenley
bandbfam.blogspot

Nancy Niederer said...

she is gorgeous, and so happy, too! hooray for having one boy and two girls! what a neat story, how amazing to be asked to adopt so quickly instead of having to wait and wonder for months and months. I am so happy for you, and Grace is so lucky to be in your family. i sure miss you!

Debbie and Boys said...

OMG!!!!!! I haven't heard anything and just can't believe THIS!!! Okay, okay, I've got to go back and read how this all happened, but congratulations!