Monday, October 13, 2008
corn on the cob
Last weekend for my birthday Steve made us a delicious dinner and part of it was corn on the cob. Even though the season is about over for it we hadn't had any yet so we thought that it would be fun to have some that night. We only bought three ears because neither Steve nor I wanted much more than that - I like corn but get tired of it pretty easily too. We had no idea how much Matt would love it. He tore through that cob and then wanted more - well there wasn't more so he took both cobs from Steve and I and polished off any kernels that we had missed and was still sad there wasn't more. About an hour later when Ella finished her tiny ear of corn (she is a very slow eater) Matt came back in the room and saw that there were a few kernels left on hers and shouted for joy that he could eat them too! I told Matt about the good old days when I was growing up and we had corn nearly every other night when it was in season and how my dad would generally eat 2 sometimes 3 ears of corn at a time. Matt's face just melted into a look of pure bliss at the thought of all that corn. He then asked if he could go live with Grandma and Grandpa next summer.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Gotta love those pics of kids with a corn cob bigger than their face! Ok, amazing idea with the camera! It looks awesome and it (well you)took great photos! I am so happy for you. It could be a business too someday. I am so happy for you! Oh, I tagged you on my blog today. Check it out to see what I mean. Ok, honestly, I am a tiny bit jealous of the camera. hehe.
Post a Comment