One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was getting to see my cousins. The Garvins all got together for a party on Christmas Eve and then the next morning we would all meet up again for breakfast and to see what Santa had bought us.
Things have changed over the years as we have all grown up and had families of our own. Christmas morning breakfast is a thing of the past and we have gotten too large in number to fit in anyone's house. But they still gather year after year to enjoy the holiday together.
Sadly I have not attended this event since we moved to Boise in 2005. I was excited to take my kids and have them enjoy this fun event. And I was excited to have the chance to visit with my family again.
We met up at Jeff and April's church and had a lovely dinner together and then we settled in for some fun and games. All the grand kids worked together to decorate their grandpa like a Christmas tree. And then Grandma Henricksen picked the winner. I really don't think she ever decided on that one. We also played some minute to win it style games. Of course later on Mike brought out his guitar so we could sing Christmas songs together as well. What a night. The kids loved all the craziness and fun of being together and we all came home exhausted and ready for Santa to come.






No comments:
Post a Comment