Sunday, December 25, 2011

christmas morning at grandma and grandpa's house

At last Christmas is here!  I love Christmas morning with my kids.  It was so fun to share that with our parents this year. A special year indeed.

We couldn't have possible hauled all the presents with us to Pocatello.  Additionally Steve had to work the day after Christmas so we decided to just open a few presents, got to church and have breakfast and then head home to enjoy the rest of our Christmas.

Since we  had access to Dad's workshop I decided to take advantage of that this year to make some special presents for each of the kids.  For the girls I designed little doll beds and then Dad helped me construct them.  For Matt, Dad and I made him a wooden sword.  I am so happy with how all of these turned out.  And I love that I got to make them with my Dad.  I hope the kids will treasure these special gifts made with love. I love the memories of working on these gifts with my Dad.

Mom helped me fill up the kids stockings this year.  I also made them all a little travel bag full of snacks for the car ride home later today.  Santa brought the girls sweet little baby dolls to fill up those new beds and Matt got a remote control helicopter.

After a flurry of paper, presents and smiles all around, we got ready and headed to church to celebrate the real reason for this happy day.  Loved the music and words and the spirit that we felt.

A lovely brunch with the family and then we were on our way home.

No comments: