Today is St. Patrick's Day
We hope you wear some green.
Or you'll get pinched by all your friends
And then you'll think they're mean...
We love St. Patrick's Day! Not sure why as we don't really do much and don't have much Irish blood in us. There's something fun about wearing green and dreaming of catching a wee leprechaun.
Most of our knowledge of how to catch a leprechaun and what to do with him if we succeed, come from this great book we love to read each year.
This year we built our own leprechaun trap, complete with shiny jewels and a rainbow to entice the leprechauns. A flimsy tissue paper lid topped off our creation and we hoped he'd fall though it as he tried to grab the gold.
The kids and I worked on the trap during the afternoon and then set it aside while we enjoyed our traditional green dinner of cream of broccoli soup, green jello and green Koolaid. After dinner I pulled Matt aside and asked him if he wanted to be in on the fun or part of creating the fun. He opted to help create it.
So while the girls were getting their baths, Matt and Steve turned on some Celtic music to help further entice the leprechauns. When we finished with baths I gave the signal and soon there was all sorts of banging and shouting downstairs. What could be happening? The girls and I ran downstairs to see if we might have caught something in our trap.
It seems we just missed catching him! I love how Matt is explaining here how close they were to catching him. We did get a bit of the little man's gold before he took off in the night!


No comments:
Post a Comment