It felt very luxurious.
One of the major objectives, besides a break from the kids was to get new furniture for our office. I have never had enough space in there and it is constantly cluttered because there just isn't spot to put everything. I found stuff I loved a few years ago at Ikea and have tried to find comparable pieces locally but never have. So a trip to Utah it was.
I had everything planned out in advance and measured to make sure all the boxes would fit in our car (it barely did) and that it would all be available. We had a great time shopping and a wonderful trip.
Then the work began. We completely cleared out the office and piled all the books in the living room. That mess was enough to about drive me mad. But it got infinitely worse every time I had to look for something through all those piles.
So we painted the office walls and then Steven and I got to assemble all our new furniture. This was actually pretty fun and easy. Even just having those newly painted walls and blank shelves made me excited.
And then the real work began - making Steven go through all his books and get rid of stuff! He did amazingly well and I did some purging too.
We gradually got it all organized and in it's place. I still want to get some curtains, another shelf above desk, and hang some pictures and stuff. But the holidays are upon us and for now I am out of time.
I am very pleased with the results thus far. It feels so clean and fresh. And there is room for everything and some to spare.
I never took before photos - trust me it was cluttered and busy. I much prefer what we have now.


No comments:
Post a Comment