Here are a few of the lyrics:
Dragonfire.
It burns so hot,
it burns so bright,
it burns so pure.
Dragonfire.
So small I am,
so newly made.
Within me, a flame
to keep me unafraid
Most unafraid.
Ever unafraid.
Dragonfire.
I am small, but complete.
I have light, I have heat.
I am never alone.
I can summon my own
Dragonfire!
On the last day of swimming they let the kids go down the slide. In the preschool class that Ella was in they go up with their teacher and sit on their lap to slide down. During the entire two weeks of classes Ella would hardly go near her teacher. She didn't like to hold his hand during ring around the rosies, she wouldn't jump in the deep end to be caught by him unless I threw her in, etc. So I figured there was no way she was going down that slide. She shocked both her teacher and I when she announced that she wanted to go down the slide.
All on her own she held his hand, walked up those stairs, shot down that slide, and came out smiling. I was amazed, so was her teacher.
Later that day I asked her why she had decided to go down the slide.
She smiled at me and said.
"I found my Dragonfire."






No comments:
Post a Comment