Sunday, November 1, 2009

halloween - at last!

This holiday has been highly anticipated at our house.

We had a great night last night. The kids loved dressing up, and they all looked super. We got lots of great treats - I can hardly believe how much they have already eaten! Another successful Halloween!

Matt put on Steve's old army gear and went as a soldier. I thought he would just wear the coat and hat as it is all a bit big on him but he wanted everything. So we belted up those pants and he clomped around in huge boots all night. And he LOVED it!
As previously discussed Ella wanted to be something spooky. We settled on a scarecrow. She was SO CUTE! But we did not tell her this. In her mind "scare"crow meant scary and so we just kept telling her all night how scary she was! She loved her costume too which surprised me, because even up until the night before she kept changing her mind. On Friday she announced - "hey I know what I can be for Halloween! - A VAMPIRE!" Where does she come up with this stuff? At any rate she was one cute - oops - I mean SCARY - scarecrow!I made Grace's costume a few days ago. I had seen flower sleepers in the store but couldn't bring myself to pay $15 dollars for pajamas that she would wear once when she has drawers full of them. So I rumaged through my fabric and made her up this little hat to go with jammies she already had. I am pretty proud of my efforts - I didn't even have a pattern - I just sort of made it up as I went along. I think it turned out pretty cute. She was adorable and warm too!
So here are my three little cuties! Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ah, they look so good. Good job on Gracie's hat she looks adorable.

April said...

Love them all! Grace's hat is so cute! Ella looks sooo "scary". Matt looks so grown up. Nate still doesn't believe me that is his Matt. Great job super mom!!!

shannon said...

Lovely little flower hat. :) Elizabeth wanted to be Maleficent when she was little, and still likes the bad guys in movies. I think it started with wanting to make them less scary by making them her friend.
oh, and about the mini book club. We could always have an online mini reading group!

Julia said...

So cute! I'm proud of you, too. Homemade Halloween costumes are always the best!