Monday, November 30, 2009

happy thanksgiving

We got to host Thanksgiving at our house again this year. Mom and Dad and Jake and Karee came for Thanksgiving Day and then Jeff and April came a bit later and spent the weekend with us.

I felt like I cooked for about 24 hours solid in preparation for a meal that took everyone an hour to eat but somehow I guess it was worth it. And I had some good helpers too.
Some more so than others.
We did have a major tradgedy of sorts. Mom made her famous rolls which, for many of us, are the highlight of the meal. But my yeast must have been too old and they did not rise. At all. They were like sad little bricks on that tray. Not only did we have to suffer with canned crescent rolls (which are generally fine - just not when anticipating a yummy homemade roll) for dinner but Mom and Ella had worked so hard on those rolls for nothing!
Grace enjoyed this day especially because of all the extra scraps that happened to fall on the floor in the midst of our cooking flurry. With her new crawling skills she has become quite adept at searching out morsels, edible or not...
Though the boys spent more time watching football than cooking they did graciously offer to clean up and I did take a picture for the record.
All in all it was a great day that we loved spending with our family!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ella's hair looks so pretty in these pictures. sorry to hear about the rolls, it is always so frustrating when things don't turn out the way they should.