Saturday, October 17, 2009

fly stories

It's that time of year when there are flies everywhere. I feel like I am constantly being bothered by one, but then it never seems to land for me to swat it.

A few days ago I swatted a fly on the kitchen counter and it bounced up and landed in Matt's mouth who was across the counter at least a good 3 feet from where I swatted it. He was so mad but honestly I couldn't have landed that fly there if I had tried all afternoon! It was pretty funny and disgusting all at the same time.

A few days later, here I was swatting flies, again. I saw what I though was a very large fly on the wall - it turned out to be two doing you know what. I was lucky enough to swat both of them.

"Hurray!" I shouted to Ella. "I got two flies at once!"

"Two flies? What were they doing together?" She asked.

Not wanting to get into a lesson on the birds and the bees I shrugged and said "I don't know."

"Were they wrestling?" she asked.

"Sure they were wrestling."

While giggling she responds "I didn't know flies could wrestle!"

2 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

love the stories, too funny! i didn't know flies could wrestle either. haha!

Julia said...

Tee hee. Nice answer Mommy! My kids always think it's a piggy-back ride. Just as fun as wrestling, huh?