Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July trip

So after an eventful trip to pick up our baby girl and then a busy and fun birthday weekend, we decided to keep it exciting. We went to the God and Country Concert and Firework show with all the kids on Wed. night. I was worried - this was our first outing with all of us. But everyone had a grand time and I was glad we ended up going despite all my protests.

We walked over to the show with both girls in the strollers - so cool! The kids had a great time. Ella and Matt played on a hill the whole night, Steve loved the music, and I had fun just holding Grace. The fireworks were set off literally right in front of us and Ella could hardly contain her excitement. Grace was initially startled by the loudness of all of it but took it all in stride - she is such an easy going and good baby! Very cool show.

After our late night we got up and packed and then took off on Thursday morning for a trip to Grandma's. It was our first long drive - 4 hours with all three kids in the back of the car like three peas in a pod. They did surprisingly well.

We had a very fun and BUSY weekend with family. Some events we captured with the camera and many that we didn't. We started out Thurs. night with a huge family dinner with ALL the Garvins. Mike and Debby and all of their kids and their kids, and Grandma and Donna and Donna's daughter and husband and then there were all of our family too - everyone was around this weekend except JD and Mona. I think there was over 50 people at mom's that night for dinner.

It was a good to see everyone and very fun to show off Grace and tell her amazing story.

The next day Matt and Ella and I along with Grandma and all the Whitmans and Jeff, April and Nate, and Karee all took off for a day of fun at the Ross Park Swimming pool. This place is so awesome with a great water slide, pool, lazy river, and kid's play area. The kids just had a blast. I did too! I love that water slide! And at the end of our day, there was no line so Matt, Karee, Grandma, Janice, and I kept racing up those stairs over and over and down that awesome slide. I loved floating the lazy river with Ella too. Very fun!

Too bad we didn't have any time for pics!

The rest of the weekend was jam packed with meals with family, parades, and last but not least fireworks again on Saturday night that we all LOVED!

It was a fabulous weekend! It was so busy and crazy and I am amazed at how well our kids did , especially Grace. She is an amazingly good baby! And Steve and I survived too!

No comments: