Wednesday, July 15, 2009

getting to know you

These kids have loved getting to know each other. We all have had a fun few weeks of playing with this new little girl.

Matt and Ella fight over who gets to feed her next. And usually mom or dad wins that battle because we want to hold her too!
Grace is happiest whenever the kids are around her. She just lights up and smiles, often giggling and laughing at their crazy antics. I love to see them all together on the floor playing together. I commented to Steve a few weeks before we even knew about Grace about what a gift siblings are to each other. Sure they fight plenty, but at the end of most days they love each other and delight in being together. They have more fun with each other than any toy we could ever give them.

I am so excited to see this amazing gift of friendship grow with this new addition to our family.

I love these pictures of the kids just hanging out and connecting with each other. I also love all these blue eyes shining up at me. I remember back when we were deciding to adopt before Matt came. I knew that Steve and I would probably have a biological child with blue eyes and I lamented that if we adopted I may never get a blue eyed baby.

Well here are my THREE blue eyed beauties!

2 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

you can tell you have an amazing camera - those pictures are awesome! I love the color quality. I was telling Jake the other day that even though we had 3 kids all in a row, it was worth the stressful days to see them play and love each other! I agree, every kid needs a sibling! Glad to see your happy bunch!

crystal said...

those are some really cute pictures...i love the one with matt and ella one way and grace the other and grace has her hands up and is holding their hair....you have such a cute family..