Matt starts first grade and I think he was excited but a little nervous too. He kept telling me he didn't want to be signed up for first grade. I think he still thinks school is optional like, playing soccer or taking swimming lessons. I think he most worried about the whole day school thing. But the idea of more recesses sure appealed to him.
He did great on his first day. He doesn't know anyone in his class this year, which I find odd. I would have thought he'd end up with even a few kids from his class last year. But he is so good at making friends that he will have no problems.
I am excited for all that he will learn this year.
And I am thrilled about him being gone all day! With all the trouble he managed to get himself into this summer it is nice to have a break. It is funny how drastically different my feelings about school have changed in a year. Last year I cried all the way home from dropping him off at his first day of kindergarten and this year I came home and did a happy dance!




2 comments:
So when you did that happy dance did it include you tripping and almost falling? I could so see that! :) Don't worry, I felt the same exact way, you said it just right. I didn't even feel like crying. Just anxious to get home to my quiet house!
I can't believe Matt is growing up so fast. I remember going to Montana when you guys were waiting for the paper work to go through. Wasn't that yesterday?? I bet Ella is enjoying Mommy time! Enjoy your break.
Post a Comment