Friday, April 25, 2008

sometimes I feel like cinderella

Matt found a sponge in the sink and started scrubbing the dishwasher door down.

"Hey mom," he said "This is kind of like Cinderella - except she had to scrub everything."

"Yeah, well sometimes I feel like Cinderella," I replied

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I am always scrubbing everything." I answered.

Matt pondered this, "Hmmm.... that's funny. I never feel that way."

Such is the life of a kid...

But then in an effort to help me and because he was sort of having fun scrubbing with that sponge, Matt proceeded to scrub the entire kitchen floor, then the entry, the bathroom floor and a few walls and doors too.
"So now do you feel like Cinderella?" I asked him when he finished.

"No. I just wanted to help my mom out. And now you don't have to worry about cleaning the floors tomorrow!"

I just love that boy.

No comments: