I wanted to do something fun for dinner for Steve's birthday too so we pretended our kitchen was a restaurant.

I made up a menu.
When Steve got home from work Matt welcomed him to the restaurant and gave him a menu, took his order etc. We all had fun. Matt kept jumping back and forth from being our waiter 'Nick', who spoke without pronouncing his r's very well, to our son Matt eating dinner with us. He would run put his apron on while playing 'Nick' and then take it off when he was Matt. He was so in character - it was really funny. When Matt was himself he would ask "Where's our waiter? Did I just miss him?" He came up with all this on his own too. The only prepping I did was to ask if he wanted to pretend to be a waiter at our pretend restaurant. And as 'Nick' our waiter he was incredibly helpful too - serving, taking away plates, even sweeping up rice off the floor.
Ella was not in the best of spirits - she was incredibly whiny and unhappy for most of the night She had a complete meltdown about every little thing. Maybe she was confused by her brother's antics as waiter "Nick". Who knows. She did cheer up a bit when we sang happy birthday to Steve - she even tried to sing along - so cute! And she was pretty excited to see the candles on the pie - yes that is correct - we (the adults) have decided birthday pie is much more fun than birthday cake.
I think Steve had a pretty fun day of surprises! We sure had fun celebrating with him!






3 comments:
Sounds like fun. You are such a great wife and mom. Stop showing us all up. jk LOL You rock!
I agree with Tami! You make the rest of us look bad!
Seriously, how fun! That salad looks better than any I've had at any resturants.
I'll have to keep this in mind for Chad's birthday.
Hey! So I found you! I am just doing a little back tracking now and just thought this was so cute. I love the ideas that you come up with. Very cute. I just love matt. I can totallly see him doing that. How fun!
Post a Comment