Sunday, January 30, 2011

jello failure = popsicle success

Mom and Dad came into town for Sam's ordination last weekend. It was fun to see them again. Dad helped Steven install our new microwave over our stove. I already love it.

We had a big dinner with the Whitman's on Sunday and I told Janice I would make jello. So I got it all ready before church and set it in the fridge to set up. I was pretty excited because Mom had brought some frozen raspberries that I added in.

Later that afternoon as we were leaving to head over the Whitman's for dinner I pulled the jello out of the fridge. And to my utter dismay realized that it was about the consistency of soup. I don't know what happened and why it did not set up but there wasn't much I could do about it at this point. I grabbed a few bottles of canned fruit as a replacement. What a disappointment...

We still had a nice dinner with everyone despite the lack of yummy raspberry jello.

I had hoped that maybe the jello maybe needed more time to set up. But the next day it still looked pretty soupy. I didn't want to throw it all out. It seemed liked such a waste - especially all those delicious raspberries. So I guess when life gives you soupy jello you make . . . POPSICLES!

So I did. Lots and lots of raspberry popsicles. And since they were made with sugar free jello they turned into a relatively healthy snack that the kids have loved! YUM!


ps... don't you just love Ella's dress. My Mom crocheted it for her. Gorgeous huh? She is making them for all the granddaughters. I did make the crotchet flower and am very proud of it and myself. I didn't think I had the ability to crochet in a circle!

No comments: