


I refused to carve complicated pumpkins this year. It takes so much time and life is too busy for something that rots a few days later. In fact I voted to paint our pumpkin faces on them, thus avoiding any carving and mess. That got vetoed rather quickly as Steven wanted to roast pumpkin seeds.
Fine then.
But I will only carve a simple traditional face.
Two triangle eyes and a big half moon mouth.

I don't know how it happened, how my resolve weakened under the pressure. We were all up to our elbows in pumpkin slime when somehow my plan fell apart. Maybe it disseminated into the smoke as we managed to burn Steven's precious pumpkin seeds.

Before I knew what was happening I suddenly found myself with patterns taped on pumpkins and little carving knives making impossible little cuts and several hours later we ended up with this:


They do look pretty awesome don't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment