Saturday, October 23, 2010

autumn splendor

We took the kids to a pumpkin patch tonight. It was perfect weather and we had a fun night. I like to going to a pumpkin patch primarily for some awesome fall pictures. I mean that is the whole point of going, right? I do think pumpkin patch photo shoots can get out of hand - I may even be guilty myself, so I tried to tone it down a bit this year. But when the lighting is perfect, the fall colors so amazing, and my kids so adorable how can I stop myself?We took a little hay ride out to the pumpkin fields. Matt and Ella loved it. Grace was a little scared at first but then decided it was fun too. The kids each got to pick out a pumpkin. The rule was they had to be able to carry it to get it for the "kid price." Matt just barely got his out of the field.
We all had a great night and the kids are each completely smitten with their pumpkins.

No comments: