Last Saturday our bishop's wife called and asked if I wanted peaches. They were free, already picked, and and she described them as the best tasting peaches ever.Obviously I said yes.
We have been in peach heaven all week. We have eaten peaches with almost every meal, made homemade peach ice cream, stirred up some peach freezer jam, canned 18 quarts of peaches and shared the peach goodness with family and friends.
Janice came over on Tuesday and helped me can the peaches. Jon and Ella pealed all the peaches by themselves, Luci and Grace sat and watched and ate peaches slice after slice, Janice did all the slicing, and I ran around did everything else and we were done in about an hour. Go teamwork. Jon was so delighted to know that his reward for helping was a bowl of peach ice cream and a box of peaches to take home. I really wish I had a picture of his excited face and also one of him and Ella working so hard. I just got too busy keeping everything going to stop and take any.
We have just one small bowl of peaches left. I have plans to bake a peach pie tomorrow and make peach crepes for breakfast and then they will probably be gone.
It's been a great week!





2 comments:
mmmmm.
Sounds like heaven!
Post a Comment