Friday, January 15, 2010

out with the old, in with the new

New Year - time for some long desired changes in our house.

We have had THE UGLIEST, yet comfy couches since we got married 12 years ago. Our love seat was literally from about 1964. We got some money for Christmas and Steve suggested we get new furniture.

Really?

Woo Hoo!

I was excited - to say the least. We spent several weeks looking. I was way pickier than I thought I would be, but I wasn't about to settle. This has been a decade long awaited purchase!
After spending all Steve's days off hitting nearly every furniture store within a 30 mile radius, we finally found the perfect sofa and love seat. I wanted everything attached - no more picking up pillows and cushions for me. I also don't like anything that is too puffy looking. I like sleek and sophisticated and I think I got it! And it is so comfortable too. Isn't it great? I love it.
When we told the kids about the new addition they were as excited as kids can be about new furniture. That is until Matt learned that he could no longer build forts with couch cushions and pillows. As we cleared away the old furniture to make way for the new stuff he cried for an hour. I kid you not. I guess getting rid of the only furniture he has ever known hit him pretty hard. And he was just sure his fort building days were gone forever. But really, who cries over orange and olive green floral love seats?

He will hate me for posting these but they are just too cute not to include.Ella was unaffected. She just had fun playing in the old furniture in the back of Dad's truck
She eventually talked Matt into having a little fun too. One last hurrah before we hauled it off to the thrift store.

No comments: