Yesterday afternoon I was feeling like a good mom. I rounded the kids up to quickly pick up the scattered toys and then rewarded them with some dessert - yummy apple crisp.
The phone rang right as I finished dishing it up so I handed it over and thought - oh good they will stay quiet and happy eating their desert while I take this call.
Wrong.
Ella proceeded to throw one fit after the next. She did not want to sit in that chair. She wanted the dark purple bowl not the pale lavender one. Matt had more desert than her... and on and on and on. I got off the phone as quickly as I could because honestly I really couldn't hear all that well anyway and let Ella know I wasn't too happy with her behavior.
She then pulled the kid classic, "Your are so mean mom!"
I took offense at that one! I had only been nice and gave her dessert!
So I lay the situation out before her. "Mom gave you a nice treat, and you threw a fit, who is really the mean one here?" I asked her.
She thought for minute and then with scowl on her pretty face shouted "DAD!"
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
love the story! I think your response of "who is really being mean" was great - I need to use that one. I am told I am unfair quite often. I'll have to let you know how it goes! You'll have to read my blog story about "swammiches." Hope your well!
That is a great story!! Was Dad even home??
Post a Comment