Today was the last day of school and last night was Kindergarten graduation. I think I was as emotional for the end as I was at the beginning! I just can't believe it is over and my baby boy is now onto first grade!Isn't he just the cutest little graduate? We had a very fun evening. We made one of Matt's favorite's, breakfast for dinner and while I got everything ready I sent Steve and the kids out for a walk. When they got back I had a balloon and present and card set out for Matt along with his requested stack of big to small pancakes. Matt was so excited. It was fun to make it a whole celebration for his graduation. His present was this new shirt to wear at graduation. He looks so handsome!
We got to the school and as I walked him to school I held his hand. I thought to myself - the next time my boy graduates he won't let me hold his hand. I just can't believe how fast he is growing up. sniff....sniff...The kids sang some songs for the program. My favorite we "America the Beautiful" - two whole verses and actions to go with it. The kids did so great!
I loved watching Matt sing without me being the singing leader for once so I could actually watch him! After the kids sang they passed out the hats and diplomas we took a few pictures, stopped by his class where his teacher had a graduation present for all the kids. Then we all went out for ice cream as a family.What a fun night to celebrate the first year of school. And really kindergarten is pretty amazing. I look back on all Matt has learned this year and I am amazed. He has had a great year, He has made so many good friends. He has learned how to follow rules and how to behave at school. He has learned how to start reading and writing, tell time, count money, etc. Academically he astounded all of us!
We couldn't be happier with our first year at school! Hurray for kindergarten!


No comments:
Post a Comment