Monday, December 21, 2009

merry christmas

Christmas is very quickly approaching. We have been busy, busy with all the holiday preparations. Its been fun and hectic all at the same time. And thankfully I am actually almost ready!

The kids are just so excited, especially this week when we are just days away from the big event. They have had fun counting down the days on our advent calendars. They have loved all of our decorations. We have two different nativity sets. Ella says that in one baby Jesus is in a nest and in the other she says he is in his carseat.

I was worried about what Grace might do with the tree. I have never had a baby so mobile at Christmas time. She has been crawling for a few months now and is pulling herself up on everything. As I put up the trees I had visions or nightmares really, of her pulling up on the tree and pulling it over. Luckily she loves the trees but also also is a tad afraid of them so she enjoys them from a healthy distance. She has learned a few baby signs too and just in time for Christmas she has learned the sign for light. Perfect for all the twinkling lights everywhere. She loves them and I love how she can communicate that to us.
Tonight for FHE we told the Nativity story. This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. The story of Jesus' birth is amazing and beautiful and I love teaching my children about it. I loved hearing Matt share his knowledge of the event and I loved seeing Ella's sweet face smile at the pictures of baby Jesus. It was one of our most reverent FHE ever. That's the spirit of Christmas for you.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love reading about the first Christmas also, it never gets old! Your pictures in front of the tree are so pretty. All of your children are so cute!!!

Nat Lud said...

Hi! Saw that you posted on Annika's blog so I hopped right over! Your family is so adorable. Where in Idaho are you? It's great to see ya!

Annie said...

Are you kidding me...of course I remember you!! I am so glad to get to see a little glimpse of your life through the bloggy blog world. Your photography is amazing!!

Nancy Niederer said...

THose head bands on Grace are soo cute! did you make those? seems like very time I ask a person where i can buy one they say, "oh, i just made it!" just my luck...i can't even cut a piece of paper without destroying it! glad you had a nice Christmas season. sure miss you!